Re: revised html-mode.el

Daniel W. Connolly (connolly@hal.com)
Wed, 20 Apr 1994 18:09:59 -0500

In message <m0ptd6c-000028C@monolith>, William M. Perry writes:

> I think everyone should standardize on psgml - the excellent SGML editing
>mode by Lennart Stafflin. It actually understands a DTD and only lets you
>insert contextually valid tags (unless you are absolutely sure and want to
>enter them by hand). You will need a few sgml files (like ISOlat1, etc),
>but this is a very general solution. The next time the DTD is updated, you
>don't have to go and rewrite your entire HTML editing mode - you just
>recompile the DTD and psgml is ready to go.

Great idea... now if only it worked on the version of Emacs I have!

If psgml will work (and work on Mac and PC versions of Emacs like
html-mode does...) then I agree we should quit supporting html-mode.

Anyway... I think I'll keep my hack to myself for now. Sounds like
the features are already available with html-helper-mode.

Dan